Job Title: Project Officer (Full time)
Job Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reports to: Managing Committee of YQA
Starting Date: August/September 2018
Young Queer Alliance (YQA) a non-profit NGO for youth empowerment based on sexual orientation and gender identity is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person for managing its projects. The Project Officer will manage the YQA’s projects and its peer educators network.
- Project management, coordination and monitoring and evaluation of projects at the YQA.
- Develop and implement Sexual and Reproductive Health programmes targeted to young LGBTQ.
- Collaborate with external local stakeholders including but not limited to other NGOs and the Government.
- Organise meetings with the community to receive feedback on implemented projects.
- Conduct field visits to assess quality of work of peer educators.
- Planning of peer educators and peer outreach work (including updating calendar of activities, data reporting, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Holder of Diploma in Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Sociology, Social Work or any other related field.
- Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
- Willing to learn of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and HIV & AIDS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Excellent verbal communication in Creole.
- Excellent strategy/planning skills.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents by e-mail at email@example.com by latest Friday, the 27th July 2018:
A one-page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND a CV/resume.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.