Job Title: Support and Welfare Officer (Part time – twice per month)
Job Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reports to: Project Officer
Starting Date: January 2019
Young Queer Alliance (YQA) a non-profit NGO for youth empowerment based on Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity and Expression, and Sex Characteristics is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person to provide welfare and psycho-social support to its beneficiaries. The Support and Welfare Officer will be responsible for the overall planning and providing of psychosocial support to beneficiaries and shelter residents.
- To provide psychosocial counselling, group counselling and support to beneficiaries, staffs, shelter residents and members.
- To assess the psychological needs and behaviours of beneficiaries, staffs, shelter residents and members.
- To write technical reports on specific cases identified during support sessions/therapies.
- To organise (and participate in) monthly 1-day activities for welfare of the HLGBTQ+ communities.
- To participate fully in feedback and action plan meetings with the management and/or the supervisor.
- To liaise with the management and/or the supervisor in submitting timely action plan and monthly reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters/Bachelor degree in Psychosocial counselling and/or Counselling and guidance or equivalent.
- Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
- Willing to learn of rights and social justice as well as passionate about Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and Sex Characteristics issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Excellent verbal communication in Creole. Strong microsoft excel and microsoft word skills.
- Experience in working with marginalised/vulnerable groups; especially young girls.
- Experience and understanding of case management and analysis. Knowledge about a number of tools and techniques for case management.
- Excellent strategy/planning skills.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday, the 16th November 2018:
A one-page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND a CV/resume.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex characteristics, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.