Job Title: Project Officer (Full time)
Job Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reports to: Managing Committee of YQA
Starting Date: October 2020
The Young Queer Alliance (YQA), a youth-led Non-Governmental Organisation working for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer (LGBTQ) people is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person to manage and monitor its projects and provide comprehensive reports on the organisations’ activities.
As the Project Officer, your responsibilities will consist of, inter-alia:
- Performing relevant administrative tasks
- Project monitoring and evaluation
- Liaising with stakeholders and partners from the public and private sectors
- Organising meetings with the community to receive feedback on projects and activities
- Conducting field visits and liaising with beneficiaries
- Refering and accompaning beneficiaries to appropriate institutions providing social, medical and psychological services, including hospital, area health centres, clinics
- Providing information on human rights
- Reporting on activities
- Attending meetings, workshops/trainings as and when needed
- Participating fully in activities and programmes at the YQA
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
We are looking for a person who:
- Holds a degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Sociology, Social Work or any other related field
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English, and excellent verbal communication in Creole
- Is able to exercise flexibility in their tasks
- Is able to cope with unfamiliar situations
- Is non-judgemental and supportive
- Possesses an empathetic and caring attitude towards beneficiaries
- Has a strong interest in LGBTQ issues, gender, human rights and social justice
If you think that you are the right fit for this job, please send us your CV/resume and a one-page motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday, 25 September 2020.
For additional information, please contact us on (+230) 5802 8357.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.