The Young Queer Alliance is implementing the Project “Empowering LGBTQ youth through rights awareness, social support and HIV screening at the Young Queer Alliance for their physical and mental well-being and to reduce HIV incidence”, which is funded by the National Social Inclusion Foundation.
The YQA is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered as Project Officer for the organisation starting May 2022 .
A. Candidates should possess a diploma in Social Sciences, Project Management, Sociology, Social Work, Law, Health Care or any other related field.
B. Candidates should also:
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- be fluent in English and French;
- be computer literate including good use of MS Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- have a strong interest in LGBTQIA+ issues, gender, human rights, HIV and AIDS and social justice.
The onus for the submission of equivalence of qualification (wherever applicable) from the relevant authorities rests on the candidates.
The incumbent will, inter-alia, be required to contribute to the organisation by:
- managing the Project and staff;
- coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of Project activities;
- advocating with relevant stakeholders on human rights and more specifically the human rights of LGBTQIA+ people;
- researching, monitoring, analysing and reporting on policies affecting LGBTQIA+ people in Mauritius;
- developing and disseminating evidence-based advocacy and human rights messages as well as relevant information about social, medical and psychosocial services;
- conducting field visits and liaising with beneficiaries;
- referring and following up with beneficiaries to appropriate institutions providing social, medical and psychological services, including health institutions;
- organising, developing and conducting meetings, workshops, advocacy training, conferences, etc.;
- maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between partners and stakeholders from the public and private sectors and NGOs;
- participating in meetings, workshops/trainings in Mauritius and abroad;
- Project Report writing;
- performing relevant administrative tasks;
- participating fully in activities and programmes at the YQA; and
- carrying out other cognate duties.
The Project Officer would be paid MUR 19,000 per month in addition to transport and phone allowance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their written application containing personal details together with copies of educational certificates and evidence of experience, not later than 03 May 2022, by email to the Young Queer Alliance at email@example.com. Candidates should mention the post for which they are applying.
NOTE: The Young Queer Alliance reserves the right NOT to make any appointment following the advertisement. For additional information, please contact us on (+230) 5802 8357.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
19 April 2022