Job Title: Psychologist (Part time – 4hrs per month)
Job Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Reports to: executive Secretary of YQA
Starting Date: 9th January 2017
Young Queer Alliance (YQA), a non-profit NGO for Youth Empowerment based on sexual orientation and gender identity is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person to provide psychological support as well as counsel staffs and peer educators. The organisation works for LGBT in Mauritius.
- Provide psychological support to staffs and peer educators.
- Provide counselling to staffs and peer educators.
- Develop and implement individual and group – team building and therapeutic activities as may be required.
- Send report/feedback to executive Secretary for remedial action(s) if any adverse mental health issue is observed with staffs and peer educators.
- Keep and update records of all interventions with strict confidentiality.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Holder of BA. or BSc. Psychology.
- Having at least two years’ experience working as psychologist.
- Has experience and a proven record of involvement in social work.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
- Good counselling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Excellent verbal communication in Creole.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Monday, the 26th December 2016:
- A one page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND
- A CV/resume.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.