The “Strengthening the Inclusion of LGBTQIA+ Persons” is a Project being implemented by the Young Queer Alliance and the Collectif Arc-en-Ciel and funded by the European Union.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered as Administrative and Support Staff for the Young Queer Alliance in implementing the Project on a contractual basis for a period of 1-year renewable with a probation period of 6 months starting February 2021.
A. Candidates should possess a Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
B. Candidates should: –
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- be fluent in English and French;
- be computer literate including good use of MS Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- have a strong interest in LGBTQIA+ issues, gender, human rights and social justice.
The onus for the submission of equivalence of qualification (wherever applicable) from the relevant authorities rests on the candidates.
The incumbent will, inter-alia, be required to contribute to the successful implementation of the Project by:
- Assisting in the delivery of activities;
- Effectively supporting the manager and advocate while performing daily administrative duties, including procurement;
- Ensuring appropriate reception, collection and delivery of telephone messages/mails/emails;
- Collecting and recording of information for the day to day running of the YQA and activities;
- Ensuring general filings of documents and receipts;
- Supporting in the organisation of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.;
- Participating in meetings, workshops/trainings;
- Assisting in Project Report writing;
- Keeping the office space well maintained;
- Participating fully in activities and programmes at the YQA; and
- Carrying out other cognate duties.
Basic Salary: Rs 14,000 per month plus travelling
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their written application containing personal details together with copies of educational certificates and evidence of experience, not later than 25 January 2021, by email to the Young Queer Alliance at email@example.com. Candidates should mention the post for which they are applying.
NOTE: The Young Queer Alliance reserves the right NOT to make any appointment following the advertisement. For additional information, please contact us on (+230) 5802 8357.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
13 January 2021