The “Strengthening the Inclusion of LGBTQIA+ Persons” is a Project being implemented by the Young Queer Alliance and the Collectif Arc-en-Ciel and funded by the European Union.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered as Manager and Advocate for the Young Queer Alliance in implementing the Project on a contractual basis for a period of 1-year renewable with a probation period of 6 months starting February 2021.
A. Candidates should possess a degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Sociology, Social Work, Law or any other related field.
B. Candidates should: –
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- be fluent in English and French;
- be computer literate including good use of MS Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- have a strong interest in LGBTQIA+ issues, gender, human rights and social justice.
The onus for the submission of equivalence of qualification (wherever applicable) from the relevant authorities rests on the candidates.
The incumbent will, inter-alia, be required to contribute to the successful implementation of the Project by:
- Managing the project and staffs;
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Advocating with relevant stakeholders on human rights and more specifically the human rights of LGBTQIA+ people;
- Researching, monitoring, analysing and reporting on policies affecting LGBTQIA+ people in Mauritius;
- Developing and disseminating evidence-based advocacy messages and materials such as presentations, briefs, press releases, press conferences, etc.;
- Organising, developing and conducting meetings, workshops, advocacy training, conferences, etc.;
- Maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between partners and stakeholders from the public and private sectors and NGOs;
- Participating in meetings, workshops/trainings in Mauritius and abroad;
- Project Report writing;
- Performing relevant administrative tasks;
- Participating fully in activities and programmes at the YQA; and
- Carrying out other cognate duties.
Basic Salary: Rs 26,000 per month plus travelling
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their written application containing personal details together with copies of educational certificates and evidence of experience, not later than 25 January 2021, by email to the Young Queer Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should mention the post for which they are applying.
NOTE: The Young Queer Alliance reserves the right NOT to make any appointment following the advertisement. For additional information, please contact us on (+230) 5802 8357.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
13 January 2021