Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered as Communication Officer for the Young Queer Alliance on a contractual basis for a period of 1-year renewable with a probation period of 6 months starting May 2021.
A. Candidates should possess relevant technical qualifications in one of the following fields: Communications, Public relations, Marketing or Graphic design.
B. Candidates should: –
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- be fluent in English and French;
- be computer literate including good use of MS Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a graphic design software; and
- have a strong interest in LGBTQIA+ issues, gender, human rights and social justice.
The onus for the submission of equivalence of qualification (wherever applicable) from the relevant authorities rests on the candidates.
The incumbent will, inter-alia, be required to contribute to the organisation by:
- Writing, editing, and distributing content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organisation’s activities, products and/or services;
- Coordinating external and internal communications flow (memos, newsletters etc.);
- Promoting communications and marketing materials through appropriate social media channels;
- Tracking analytics and creating reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns;
- Ensuring that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards;
- Maintaining digital media database including photos and videos;
- Working with the YQA team to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns;
- Responding to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications;
- Organising, developing and conducting meetings, workshops, advocacy training, conferences, etc.;
- Participating fully in activities and programmes at the YQA; and
- Carrying out other cognate duties.
Basic Salary: Rs 14,000 per month plus travelling
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their written application containing personal details together with copies of educational certificates and evidence of experience, not later than 11 May 2021 2021, by email to the Young Queer Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should mention the post for which they are applying.
NOTE: The Young Queer Alliance reserves the right NOT to make any appointment following the advertisement. For additional information, please contact us on (+230) 5802 8357.
The YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
20 April 2021