1. The “Strengthening the Inclusion and social acceptance of LGBTQIA+ Persons, through policy and mindset changes, in Mauritius and Rodrigues” is a Project being implemented by the Collectif Arc-en-Ciel and the Young Queer Alliance and funded by the European Union.
2. Expression of Interest (EOI) is being sought for the selection of an Expenditure Verifier/Auditing firm:
- to carry out the agreed-upon procedures listed as at Appendix I; and
- to issue reports which will support the Contracting Authority’s conclusions on the eligibility of the reported expenditure and the related follow-up.
3. The Expenditure Verifier is not expected to provide an audit opinion.
4. The Expenditure Verifier should comply with at least one of the following requirements:
- Be a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution which in turn is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Be a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution. Although this organization is not member of the IFAC, the Expenditure Verifier commits to undertake this expenditure verification in accordance with the IFAC standards and ethics.
- Be registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in an EU member state in accordance with the principles of public oversight set out in Directive 2006/43/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (this applies to audit firms based in an EU member state)
- Be registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in a third country and this register is subject to principles of public oversight as set out in the legislation of the country concerned (this applies to auditors and audit firms based in a third country).
5. Interested firms/auditors are kindly requested to submit their application by email with subject “EU-SIL_Exp.Verifier:Apr2021” at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by latest EOB on Monday, 07 June 2021.