The “Strengthening the inclusion and social acceptance of LGBTQIA+ persons, through policy and mindset changes, in Mauritius and Rodrigues” is a Project being implemented by the Young Queer Alliance and the Collectif Arc-en-Ciel and funded by the European Union.
2. Expression of Interest (EOI) is being sought from Academics, persons with Sociology/Policy or Legal background and Human Rights Consultancy firms to submit a thematic research with regard to: “A place called home: The condition and challenges of LGBTQIA+ persons in family settings”.
3. The thematic research has for objective to enable human rights institutions, policy makers, ministries, law enforcement agencies and legislators to have an insight and understand the challenges and conditions of LGBTQIA+ persons, including LGBTQIA+ youth, in family settings so as to bring about mindset and policy changes.
4. The research shall consist of, inter-alia:
(i) a situation overview of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA+) persons in Mauritius;
(ii) justification of the need for the research;
(iii) a specific overview of human rights standards/ instruments; and desirable policies/legislations for LGBTQIA+ people;
(iv) literature about LGBTQIA+ persons and the family; including challenges and conditions of these persons;
(v) the methodology used for the analysis of the empirical approach to the research and rationale thereof;
(vi) qualitative and quantitative analysis of results;
(vii) conclusion and recommendations;
(viii) a position paper and briefs of key issues highlighted in the research; and
(ix) a press-conference with the YQA and other stakeholders to present the elements of the research, position paper and briefs of key issues.
5. The deliverables of the research are expected to be completed by 31 October 2021. Disbursement of funds in relation to the research will be as follows:
|Milestone||Disbursement of research cost|
|Submission of 4 (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)||25%|
|Submission of 4 (v) and (vii)||50%|
|Submission of 4 (viii) and (ix)||25%|
6. Funds will be disbursed within 15 days of completion of each research milestone.
7. Proposals for the research shall include:
(i) an abstract;
(ii) a cost-breakdown (inclusive of VAT) of works to be undertaken;
(iii) the implementation timeline; and
(iv) the credentials (and experience where applicable) of the company and/or persons involved.
8. Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit proposals by email with subject “Thematic Reserch – Reference No. YQA/2021/40” addressed to the Secretary, Young Queer Alliance, at email@example.com on or before Friday, 18 June 2021 24:00hrs (local time) at latest.
9. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview and presentation of their proposal as part of the selection exercise. The selected applicant will be required to attend monthly/regular meetings for the proper development/completion of the research.
10. The Young Queer Alliance reserves the right NOT to retain any proposal following the EOI or the presentation/interview.
Young Queer Alliance